Traditionally, families have cared for their loved ones at home. It is only recently that we have become accustomed to institutional placement for ailing children and elderly or convalescing family members. Today, however, with the escalating cost of hospital care, home health care has become a practical and necessary alternative. It gives the patient greater dignity by receiving a more personalized treatment plan while remaining in the comfort and security of their own home.
Because home health care is a very individualized and personal service choosing the right agency can be a difficult decision. When you or a family member need care at home, you want a licensed home health care service that can provide:
- A detailed plan of care based on diagnosis, prognosis, family situation, home environment and other important factors
- Qualified and compassionate professional personnel
- On-going supervision of care providers and revision of care plan as needed
- Availability of all levels of care from home health aides to registered nurses and licensed therapists
- Continuity of care
- Staff who are experienced in coordinating services for all cases, from the simplest to the most complex